Ladies – it’s all about the booty. Sure six-pack abs look amazing and toned biceps are a prize, but the booty is where it’s at. Everyone seems to want a bodacious bum. It is essential for a good physique. There is just something magical about a strong and beautiful ‘rounder’ butt!
But how do you get a strong booty? Those muscles aren’t always the easiest to target, and you need to do some specific moves to get them in shape. Here are our top 5 booty-building exercises that you are going to love!
Glute Bridge with Foot Tap
Give your glutes and core the attention they need! Here’s how you can engage your butt and abdominals:
- Lie flat on the ground.
- Keep your feet on hips-width distance, and your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Place your arms, neck, and shoulders to the ground.
- Now squeeze your buttocks and lift them off the ground. Make sure your upper body doesn’t lift.
- While you are lifting your right leg, tap your left knee with the foot of your right leg.
- Relax your body and repeat for 45 seconds.
Plank with Leg Raise
Planks are not just about working your abs. By adding a leg raise, it can have a great effect on your booty as well.
- Start with a forearm plank position. Keep your back straight and tailbone tucked. Make sure your shoulders are stacked on top of your elbows.
- Raise your right leg off the ground as high as it can go. Your hips should be stationary on the ground and your left leg straight.
- Hold your leg in that position for 2-3 seconds then return it to the ground.
- Continue this workout for 45 seconds.
Squats can be your best bet if you want a rounder butt. This exercise is 100% necessary for a strong booty and works on both the outer and inner areas of your glutes.
- Stand straight with your toes pointed and your feet a little wide apart.
- Keeping your core tight and your back straight, lower your butt to the ground as low as you can without losing your balance.
- Return to the original position and repeat this exercise for 45 seconds.
- You can also wrap a tight resistance band around your knees if you’re looking for a little more challenge.
These moves which definitely strengthen your booty for the win!
- Stand tall with your feet apart.
- Keeping your left foot on the ground, step back with your right foot and keep the heel off the ground, about 12 inches.
- Keeping your back straight, hinge on the butt and reach out your hands towards your feet.
- Lift your left leg off the floor behind you as a counterbalance.
- Lower your hands until they are at shin-height, and then engage your butt slowly to straighten your left leg.
- Stand up straight and repeat for about 45-50 seconds.
Need to put a little more pressure on the booty and some other problem areas of the body to keep it fit? This exercise focuses primarily on your butt, as well as your core, abs, and back.
- Start with your back straight, wrists under the shoulder level, and your tailbone tucked under.
- Keeping your butt steady, engage your hips and core to lift your right arm.
- Reach around and tap your backside.
- Lower your arm again and repeat, say for 45-50 seconds.
There you have it, ladies. Your booty will be strong with these 5 exercises. So don’t wait around, work that booty to booty-heaven asap!